At mixhost, you can use an SSL certificate that uses Sectigo (COMODO), the world's No. 1 share of SSL certificates, as a certificate authority for free.
By publishing a website that supports SSL, you can expect effects such as improved security and SEO measures.
When using SSL with your own domains
STEP 1: Log in cPanel.
STEP 2: Setting up your own domain
After changing the nameserver, please wait 24-72 hours for the SSL certificate to be activated.
If you're in a hurry, try the following.
- Change the nameservers, then add your own domain.
- Manually install to SSL certificate.
STEP 3: Replace URL
Replace the URL as follows.
http://www.example.com/ > https://www.example.com/
If the SSL certificate is valid, you can see the following display.
*Depends on the browser
Please refer to the article below.
How to apply SSL for WordPress
- Domain authentication type SSL.
- An SSL certificate will not be issued for the domain before the nameserver change.
- It may take longer than usual to issue an SSL certificate when a nameserver change is involved.
- If you add a large number of domains in a short period of time, it may take 24-72 hours or more to reflect.
- If the domain name exceeds 64 characters, the SSL certificate cannot be used.
- If the subdomain that is automatically set when adding a domain exceeds 64 characters, please change the subdomain to a shorter one.
- Please note that setting in the Japanese domain (Punycode) may exceed the number of characters.
- Issuing an SSL certificate at the certificate authority may be delayed, and it may take time to issue.
If a failure occurs, we will inform you in the failure information, so please check here as well.